Business Immigration


If your business employs a foreign national or would like to do so, we can advise you on the potential routes that the employee can take through the immigration system as well as possible sponsorship routes.

We can assist with various steps that are involved with bringing in talent to the UK from both inside and outside the EU. Every immigration case is different and so we will tailor the service specifically to your business and the individual involved. Some of the services that we can assist with include:

Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visas

If you are interested in investing in the UK either by setting up, taking over or running a business in the UK, an entrepreneur visa may be for you. Also, if you are currently in the UK as a Tier 1 migrant or another status, you may be able to switch to the Tier 1 entrepreneur visa.

We can advise you on your eligibility for the visa, the law in relation to requirements, the rules and policies and the documentation you need to support your application. As this type of visa is time-limited, we can also advise on your options for the future should you want to stay in the UK for longer.

Tier 1 Investor Visas

The Tier 1 investor visa is designed to allow high net worth individuals that may wish to enter and remain in the UK. This visa is highly dependent on the amount of investment that you wish to make into the UK, however, can be the least demanding route if you have the funds available

Investor visas are appropriate for those wishing to invest £2 million or more In the UK. As with the Tier 1 entrepreneur visa, you can switch into the Tier 1 investor visa if you are currently granted residence under another visa. We can advise on eligibility, process and restrictions. Given the time-limited nature of this type of visa, we can also advise on future options if you wish to extend your leave to remain.

Tier 2 General & Tier 5 Temporary Visas

If you would like to enhance your career and gain experience and skills by working in the UK, we can help you to explore the visa options available to you if you have secured employment in the UK.

Tier 2 General and Tier 5 Temporary worker visas are both issued under the points-based system and are issued to individuals that have a certificate of sponsorship from an employer with a tier 2 or tier 5 sponsor license.  Tier 2 visas are designed to allow skilled workers to fill vacancies on a long-term basis, whereas tier 5 permits a temporary worker.

There are many variants of these visas available depending on your specific circumstances. We can advise you on the appropriate application, assist you with the process and advise on options if you wish to remain in the UK after the expiration of your visa.

Starting a Business

There are many things that you must consider if you want to start a business venture in the UK, such as how to move your business to the UK and possibly employ non-UK or non-European nationals. 

Whether you are planning to relocate your business or are interested in setting up a branch or subsidiary of your business in the UK, we have the experience and expertise necessary to help the process go as smoothly as possible. 

In addition to moving your business and establishing a presence into the UK, we can also assist you with relevant visa applications for any migrating employees to the UK. 

Talk to a member of our team today to learn more about how we can help you with your business. 

Sponsorship License Applications

If you wish to employ either a temporary or permanent member of staff from outside the European Economic Area, you will need a sponsor licence. Ownership of a sponsor licence enables you to be able to issue a certificate of sponsorship that is necessary for a migrant worker ‘s visa applications.

Sponsorship license applications can be made by employers or education providers and should be prepared and lodged correctly, as well as being kept up to date to ensure your employees’ visas remain valid.

We can help with advice and assistance throughout the application and sponsorship process as well as advising your employees throughout their visa application process. Contact a member of our team today to discuss your specific requirements.

For legal help or to find out more please contact one of our offices or email

Authorised and regulated by the Bar Standards Board: number ER161541.

Bridge Law is a trading name of Bridge Law Solicitors Limited, a company registered in England and Wales: company number 10007745.

Registered office: 42 Town Street, Marple Bridge SK6 5AA. Director: Claire Stewart.